We’re pleased to announce the arrival of Mortise & Tenon Magazine – Issue Two!
Edited by Joshua A. klein, this annual magazine celebrates the preservation, research and restoration of historic furniture. Its multi-disciplinary approach brings together the perspectives of furniture makers, conservators and scholars to span woodworking past and present, with a special focus on pre-industrial tools and methodology.
Issue Two includes the following articles:
- Perfection & Risk: The Making of a Banister-back Chair by: Joshua Klein
- Quiet Grace: An Interview with Chairmakers David and George Sawyer Examination of an 18th-Century Drop Leaf Table Dividing the Line: Assessing the Eye of Blue-Collar Geometers by: Geore Walker
- Decoding the Roman Workbench by: Christopher Schwarz
- A Furniture Conservation Primer by: Donald C. Williams
- An Unjustified Mystique: Period Dovetails Up-Close A Case for Cadwalader by: Timothy Garland
- An Interview with Tool Collector Skip Brack of Liberty Tool Company
- Fidelity to the Past: An Interview with Zachary Dillinger
- Everybody Who Knows ‘Why’ is Dead Pby: Peter Follansbee
- Woodworking in Estonia: Book Review by: Michael Updegraff